The Manchester Secondary PRU provides full time education for students who are permanently excluded, or at risk of being permanently excluded from their mainstream High School/Academy.
We offer a curriculum that combines a focus on core subjects (English, Maths, ICT, Science) with a wide range of enrichment through the Art and Sport programmes to support our students’ personal and social development
Each PRU Student has an Individual Education Plan which is reviewed at least termly. Targets for each student address learning and personal development needs as well as planning for next steps.
Students stay with us for varying lengths of time and are supported throughout transitions to new placements or schools where there are identified as the best long term setting for the student.
Excellent attendance is the single most important factor enabling us to provide the best support for pupils in achieving their personal goals and targets.
This policy will aim to:
- Demonstrate a strong attendance ethos that improves the overall attendance of students and reduces the number of persistently absent students.
- Develop a framework which identifies roles and responsibilities of the whole school community.
- Highlight a clear structure for promoting good attendance and tackling absence.
- Promote effective, non-bureaucratic systems for monitoring attendance.
- Encourage the use of attendance data and other information to improve school and student performance.
- Promote the general importance and legal requirements of good attendance to students, their parents/carers.
- Enable early intervention when an individual student’s absence gives cause for concern.
- Install clear support systems for vulnerable students.
- Reward and celebrate good and improved attendance.
- Promote effective partnerships with external support agencies and the Local Authority
Please click here to view our most recent attendance policy.