The purpose of the Manchester Secondary Pupil Referral Unit is to meet the diverse social, emotional and educational needs of pupils who have been, or who are at risk of being permanently excluded from mainstream secondary schools.
The PRU is committed to fulfilling its purpose by working in close partnership with parents, carers, schools and outside agencies. This policy recognises that challenging behaviour is often a means of communication and PRU staff therefore aim to :
- Create and support learning environments which encourage and foster good behaviour.
- Raise individual standards of achievement.
- Promote self-discipline and positive relationships
- Develop aspiring, confident, independent and resilient young people
- Prepare young people for a successful transition to the next phase in education, training or employment.
To read our most recent Behaviour and Communication Policy, please click below.