At Manchester Secondary PRU we believe that all behaviour is communcation. Our aim is to try to understand the function of the behaviour and be curious and innovative in finding solutions to support our young people. Our practice is driven by the 6 principles of nurture, which allows us to 're-frame' potentially difficult situations to find a positive solution. Our core values directly reflect our nurturing practice: communcation, resilience, nurture, well-being and aspiration.
- Children's learning is understood developmentally.
- The classroom offers a safe base.
- The importance of nurture for the development of wellbeing.
- Language is a vital means of communication.
- All behaviour is communication.
- The importance of transition in children's lives
Our behaviour approach is framed in the mantra: Ready, Respectful, Safe. This simple but effective approach allows staff to engage and positvely chalenge behaviour in a non-confrontational and de-escalating style. All of our staff are trained in Team Teach approaches and we pride ourselves on the immense amount of skills our staff possess when supporting learners with thier behaviour.
To read our most recent Behaviour and Communication Policy, please click below.