SEN & Learning Support
The school works with pupils with special educational needs and those who are experiencing barriers to learning to enable pupils to achieve their potential. All members of staff are experienced, specialist SEN teachers who are dedicated to improving the outcomes of the pupils under their care.
MSPRU Universal Offer – primarily classroom-based approaches designed for the benefit of all young people, all of the time. These approaches include:
- A nurture-based approach to learning
- Small group setting with high staff to young person ratio
- Specialist staff, consisting of subject specialist teachers, qualified youth workers, support staff and teaching assistants
- Personal support and development programmes, including PSHE and social and emotional aspects of learning [SEAL]
- Additional elements of the curriculum, including outdoor pursuits and creative projects
- Enrichment activities
- Individual learning plans for every young person
- Regular mentor support and half-termly review sessions
- Regular parental contact regarding engagement, progress and achievement
- Personal transition plans for every young person.
Head of SEN for Manchester Secondary Pru is Paul Barker Matthews he can be contacted on 0161 696 7962
Please find a copy of our School policy & School Report